ARBR is a newest and first submarine fiber optic cable system between Argentina and Brazil developed jointly by Seaborn Networks and The Werthein Group. ARBR is locally-owned and will be operated by an independent cable operator. ARBR is a 4-fiber pair, 48Tbps, direct POP-to-POP subsea cable system between Argentina and Brazil.
ARBR will connect into Seaborn’s Seabras-1 cable in the Praia Grande landing station for direct onward connectivity to New York, thereby providing a lower latency route between the commercial and financial centers of Argentina, Brazil and North America (Buenos Aires, São Paulo & NY Metro). The system is fully funded and has a scheduled ready-for-service date of 2H 2018.
ARBR + Seabras-1
- The first independently operated & locally owned transoceanic submarine cable system to connect Argentina to the rest of the world
- Newest transoceanic solution for Argentina to be built in 16 years and as such will be built with the latest equipment and fiber optic technology available
- Fewer hops between the financial centers of Argentina and the US than older cables.
- Greater optionality for future international routes due to Seabras-1’s strategically located branching units for Virginia Beach, Miami, St. Croix, Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil South and Cape Town, South Africa
Industry-leading SLAs for carrier-class
- Improved roundtrip latency POP-POP over all existing older systems
- Next generation of subsea cable equipped with the latest 100Gb coherent technology
Exclusive Bandwidth on Demand Solutions
- Enabling Cloud Offerings to 140+ global POPs
- Best positioned to address exponentially growing cloud computing demands and future IoT needs for Argentina
Benefits from contracting directly with Seabras Group as submarine cable owner-operator
- Fast activation of circuits (est. 2 days)
- Direct communications w/cable owner-operator, eliminating costly 3rd party delays and fewer contingencies
- Independently owned and operated 24×7 NOC facility and additional backup / disaster recovery NOC
- Benefit from Seabras-1 resilience of 100% underground terrestrial backhaul in Brazil, minimizing points of failure, reducing outages, increasing security and improve QoS
Contact Seaborn Networks to learn why ARBR is a compelling choice for carriers, content providers, governments and others.