Seabras-1, a 6-fiber pair, 72Tbps submarine cable system, is the first transoceanic system between Brazil and the U.S. developed and operated by an independent cable operator. It is also the first transoceanic system to directly connect the commercial and financial centers of North America and South America. The system is fully funded and has a scheduled ready-for-service date of August 2017.
Greater optionality for future international routes
- Seabras-1 + ARBR: Seaborn’s ARBR cable, being developed jointly with The Werthein Group, is being built to create the first independent and locally owned route between Argentina and the U.S. ARBR will connect Praia Grande to Las Toninas, for onward connectivity to Buenos Aires
- Virginia Beach, Miami, St. Croix, Fortaleza, Rio de Janeiro, and Brazil South: Numerous branching units added to Seabras-1 for additional landings
- Cape Town: Plan to build unique route between South Africa and the U.S. via Seabras-1 to avoid unstable pinch points by routing Asia-US traffic via Cape Town
Ultra fast speeds for NJ/NY – Brazil route
- Carrier-class roundtrip latency POP to POP: 106.62ms
- Ultra-Low Latency SeaSpeed™ for fastest path between Carteret & Bovespa available exclusively through Spread Networks, Seaborn’s exclusive ULL channel partner.
- Industry-leading SLAs for carrier-class and ULL solutions
- By bundling backhaul into major POP locations, Seabras-1 will provide improved access to onward connectivity to key IP hubs, data centers (such as CoreSite’s New York data center campus, Equinix & Digital Realty) and points of presence throughout North America.
Exclusive SeaCloud™ and Bandwidth on Demand Offerings
- Complete flexibility from megabits to terabits
- Cloud-centric capacity in a “Pay-As-You-Grow” Model
- Bandwidth on Demand solutions; enabling cloud offerings to 140+ global POPs
- Ability to have a bespoke solution for capacity + IP
Benefits from contracting directly with Seaborn as the cable owner-operator
- Faster activation of circuits (est. 2 days)
- Direct communications with cable owner-operator, eliminating costly 3rd party delays; fewer contingencies
- Independently owned and operated 24×7 NOC facility and additional backup / disaster recovery NOC
- 100% underground terrestrial backhaul in Brazil
- Minimize points of failure, reduce outages, increase security and improve QoS
Contact Seaborn Networks to learn why Seabras-1 is a compelling choice for carriers, content providers, governments and others.